Why I Am Starting Self-Love

self love

I write about “self” quite often, self care, self reflection, self esteem, etc. But what about self love? To me, it’s the over encompassing idea of all of the different things I write about, and I realized I need to be doing it more.

So what exactly is self love? Self love is pretty simple, it is loving yourself in every state of mind or physicality. But, it’s really hard to do in practice.

We are constantly bringing ourselves down, whether it is for our looks or bodies or beliefs or health. Self love is fighting the internalized hate we have on ourselves. I am no stranger to these negative behaviors, society teaches us to believe we are not good enough, smart enough, skinny enough, etc.

217H.jpg

So I am going to practice self love more. Using self care and just being more positive about my self and the current state I am in. Remember that a bad day is not a bad life, and that life happens outside of my control sometimes.

It is literally learning to love you flaws and perfections, your quirks and habits. It is loving all of you, not picking pieces. It is making change when it really benefits you, not to please someone else.

I will probably write more about self love in the future, but in the mean time you can join me by using #LoveMyself on social media. Let’s make a community for us, shall we?

1. Alexa says:

This is such a lovely little post, especially since self-love is something I think we all need a little more of. Thank you for sharing 🙂
    – Love, Alexa

2. e says:

On my way to view the full post but wanted to thank you for sharing this one…

e

3. e says:

This is beautiful and so are you!

e

4. I think that self-love is very important in todays society. I love this!

5. nattbarletta says:

This is such an inspiring post! I am going through a similar thing myself, and couldn’t agree more with you. Self-love is so crucial and essential especially in this type of society and as millennial. Great post.

6. T. says:

Beautiful Words 🙂

Awesome positive post 🙂

It has been important to me raising children that I raised independent, self loving people who cared about others and stayed true to who they were:)

I know it is difficult with all the pressures of life but everyday is a new day to brush ourselves off and try again 🙂

Good meeting you, following 🙂

Happy Wednesday, cheers, T. 🙂

7. Miriam says:

Beautiful words and something we all need a lot more of. Thank you.