How To Have Long Term Happiness

long term happy.jpg

I see many posts about how to be happy now, but not very many on being happy for the long term, which I think is a little more important, so here is how to create long term happiness.

Do What You Love Often

Spending your free time doing things you love is an easy way to be happier longer. Whether it’s dancing, singing, writing, painting, running, or whatever, if your routinely do it, you will be happier.

photo-1429051781835-9f2c0a9df6e4.jpg

Reflect On What Makes You Happy

If you take the time to figure out that does make you happy, you know what to pursue. Reflect on the past and find the happiest moments, and figure out why they were so uplifting. Was it the people you were with, the place, the activity?

breakup-quotes-hd-wallpaper-18.jpg

Remove Negative Energy

I feel like this is obvious and should be done first, but can be the most difficult to do sometimes. Negative energy spreads so easily, and if you let that negativity stay in your life, you will never be happy. Get it out as fast and firmly as you can, and don’t let it come back.

photo-1441123100240-f9f3f77ed41b.jpg

Invest In Yourself First

For many, many people, they put others first always. When you focus on the happiness of others, you can’t make yourself genuinely happy. You will not benefit completely from the happiness of others when that is all you focus on. Instead, spend time working on your own wants and needs and happiness, and then help others.

What are your ways to get long term happiness? Let me know below!

1. Jackie says:

I love the positivity in this post! For me, it’s all about treating yourself regularly. A “treat” doesn’t have to be anything crazy elaborate or bad for you, but can be as simple as picking up a few tulips to brighten a room!

Jackie
    Something About That

Liked by 2 people

1. Yes! Treat your self, as they say

2. diadarling says:

Great post. I honestly believe that investing in yourself and doing what you love is the best path to long time happiness. If you love doing something or have something you want to do you need to try your best to make it happen because if you don’t in the end you’ll end up wishing you had.
    2 quotes:
    “You’re regrets in life aren’t what you did they’re what you didn’t do.”
    “If you don’t make time to work on creating the life you want, you’re eventually going to be forced to spend time dealing with a life you don’t want.”

3. diadarling3 says:

2 quotes:
    “You’re regrets in life aren’t what you did they’re what you didn’t do.”

4. Bill Hayes says:

My work. That’s what makes me happy. Every time I get a freelance job I start humming the song…”I feel alive again, they’re letting me drive again”

5. Julie says:

Your article is so uplifting. All of the points listed are very important. I especially love that you mentioned the need to remove negative things from our lives. It’s so easy to get wrapped up in negativity but sometimes hard to see that it results in being dissatisfied and unhappy.

6. Sheryl says:

Such great reminders! I believe that everyone benefits from reminders.

7. logancan says:

I could not agree with your points more. Especially wedding out negative energy and doing what you love. Life is too short not to.

8. I loved this so much I scheduled to share it on my twitter- it’s so important to look to long term happiness and to invest in yourself first to be able to sustain others!

1. Thank you I appreciate that!

9. Absolutely! Love this and it is all true! You nailed it. 🙂

10. Lana LeFevre says:

This is so important! I love how simple you kept it. It reminds us that it’s all just something we can put our minds to.