How To Never Stop Learning

learning

One of the greatest parts about being a human is the ability to gain and retain copious amounts of knowledge. But in order to gain such knowledge, we have to learn. I am a huge advocate for learning outside of a classroom, and to never stop learning new things. But how does one keep learning outside of school?

Travel

It is known that the fastest way to learn about new cultures, languages, food, and people is to travel to new places. It may be the more expensive way to learn new info, but it’s certainly worth the money for the experience and knowledge you will gain.

Take Up a New Hobby

Hobbies are a great way to learn, because it takes something you’re passionate about and making it a regular part of your life. Have you wanted to learn to play piano? Take it up as a hobby. It’s a fun way to try something new and learn along the way.

Read

I have learned so much by just reading books. And you can learn just as much from fiction books as you can from non-fiction, especially about how people interact with each other. From just reading books I’ve learned the quintessential differences between The Beatles and The Stones, the danger money has on your life, how dwelling in the past is dangerous, and the numerous last words of various famous people (John Adams said “Thomas Jefferson still survives” even though Jefferson died 5 hours earlier). Books teach us lessons in their morals, which might be the most valuable lessons books provide.

Take a Class

I did say I am an advocate for outside-of-the-classroom learning, but classrooms and classes are a valuable way to gain new knowledge. And classes don’t have to be about subjects found in your K-12 education. You can take cooking classes or dance classes. There is probably a class for everything, so its likely you’ll find something that interests you.

The Internet

The internet hold a wealth of information waiting to be learned. It’s a place where people can share their knowledge with others and learn from some great people. Even great institutions ( like Harvard and MIT) are sharing class content online for free,so you can go through their database and find what suits your fancy.

What is the most recent thing you learned? Share your knowledge in the comments.

1. I love this. I was just saying the same thing the other day. You should never stop learning. There is always something more to learn. We should always be doing what we can to better ourselves.

Thanks for sharing! Christina, This Sweet Bliss

2. Ashleigh says:

This is my life…I love that everyday there is something knew to learn! I swear, I’m always on my smart phone reading and looking things I don’t know up! Thanks for sharing!!

3. We should constantly still be learning. I believe that what we have learned is what we can take with us when we die. Great post!

4. Yes! Life is much more interesting and rewarding when we continue to learn. Great tips.

5. I love podcasts! So much free learning at your fingertips on every subject to listen on a walk or driving.

6. Aishwarya S says:

These are really the best ways of learning. You’ve described them so well along with the pictures. Nice blog post! 🙂

7. I love to read books that teach me something and have learned so much by doing so! I should definitely get on the traveling thing though because I could use a vacation!

8. e says:

Exercising our brains, great read.

9. Janice Wald says:

Hi,
    #GrowYourBlog Asa teacher, I appreciate this post. I am also a lifelong learner and want the same for my students.
    Nice to meet you.
    Janice

10. Kayla Miller says:

I am all about this! I am a firm believer that most of what I have learned in life is from books 🙂

11. Jaime says:

I recently (somewhat) learned how to maximize my blog’s Facebook account. =) There’s SO much to learn about blogging, and thankfully many ways to learn!

As ridiculous as it sounds, for years I was afraid of cooking turkeys. People talked about how hard it was at Thanksgiving and blah blah blah, so I was fearful to try it. Then a few months ago, my husband and I decided to go for it and, viola!, learned just how EASY it actually is. It’s amazing what happens when you stop being afraid to try something and just do it. Now, it’s one of our favorite things to make!

13. Love this! Learning is an extremely important aspect of human development. The more we read and experience, the more satisfying our lives become.

14. Traveling Light says:

I learn by asking questions. I recently learned from a cousin how she is teaching math conceptually, rather than the way I was taught years ago. Learning to ask questions is art in itself.