5 Quotes That Should Be Mantras In Your Life

mantra.jpg

As an avid Pinterest fan, I wouldn’t be doing my civil pinning duty if I didn’t have a board dedicated to quotes. Whether motivational, truthful, funny or sarcastic, quotes are a popular part of my Pinterest scrolling spree. Out of this seemingly never-ending list of the wise words of people much smarter than I, I have 5 particular quotes that stick with me more and I carry with me daily as my mantra for life.

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent

This is the most recent addition to my mantra list. In a weak moment, I had this specific quote said to me and it has been implanted there (not to say it wasn’t already there thanks to The Princess Diaries). It struck a chord with me, and the former first lady is not lying. Just remember: if you don’t let others bring you down, you will always be up.

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't -- Bill Nye

No one knows absolutely everything. But we are all smart at something, whether it is raising a child to biochemistry to walking in heels gracefully (all difficult things for me to do). Always go in to an interaction humbly and knowing that you learn something new everyday.

There may be a blinding light at the end of the tunnel but keep your faith.  "Follow your heart but take your brain with you."

For some weird reason, our society has created a dichotomy between following your head and following your heart. Apparently, you can use one but not the other. This is crazy and why this should be in your mantra list. In order to successfully and intelligently go about things, you should have your head and heart together in the right place. When choosing head or heart, you should really choose both.

If you don't want anyone to find out, don't  do it...

So simple and so elegant. I don’t think I need to go any further on this one.

If it's still in your mind it is worth taking the risk. #Quotes #inspiration #hardwork www.michigancreative.org

I like to keep this one in my back pocket when I have gone over the moon analyzing something. If I have thought about something for a long enough period time, it must be important to some extant. Whether it is something as simple as “I want Panda Express for lunch.” to much more complex like “I want to move to Portland.”, it is worth taking the risk if it has been on my mind as a desire. This is a great mantra for the more worrisome or analytical types like myself.

There is obviously millions of other quotes that can be in your mantra list, and I could probably add thousands more to my own personal list. But these 5 are a strong foundation for friendly reminders in your life.

What are your favorite quotes?

1. I hadn’t heard the Chinese proverb before. I live my Eleanor Roosevelt quote!

2. Sahar says:

Great quotes! I also love mantras and use them all the time. I follow some great Etsy stores that make beautiful prints with wonderful mantras on them.

3. I like the third one, and I agree with what you wrote!

4. Daffney says:

“A person can only drive you crazy if you give them the keys”…..Love the one’s you posted as well!

Liked by 2 people

5. great quotes! saved in my pinterest. sometimes i spend hours online reading quotes!

xx

6. Barbara says:

I came across this quote by Audrey Hepburn when I was working on a post “I am Beautiful” for a February challenge called Fab-ruary – finding the fab in your life: “The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart.”

Loved your quotes, and that they are top 5 for your mantra…I have so many I really love – but only shared this one since it was a newer one I had found.

Thanks for sharing!!

Liked by 2 people

1. I adore Audrey Hepburn! And that is a wonderful quote.

7. DT says:

It’s a coincidence that I read the 3rd one here, and on my blog I talk about something on those lines too.. Great quotes- thanks for sharing! 🙂
    -DT

8. pxoppy says:

This is so lovely (found you on community pool) I have screen shotted a couple of those mantras. A very uplifting post☺️☺️

Love these! I actually used the Bill Nye quote in one of my posts 🙂 Love the “If It’s Still in Your Mind, It’s Worth Taking the Risk”, as it can be applied to different areas of life.

10. Janice Wald says:

Hi,
    I also found you in the Community Pool. I have a Pinterest quote board too. I recognized the Eleonore Roosevelt quote. You have an engaged community. You should be proud. Thanks for agreeing to look at mine. It’s to my new About Me page. Feel free to write directly on it. http://wp.me/P5jxvv-1
    Janice

11. brettfish says:

ah Michelle, really loved those thanks – had not heard all of them but the first one is a definite keeper and each of the others i can resonate with as good words for life…

there are so many good quotes in life it is hard to keep a top list and maybe just have a top quote for this day or this moment until i get inspired by the next one… i am a follower of Jesus and so many of the things He said would be among my top quotes in terms of how to live life to the full and love others around you well, but one quote that stands out for me was from a rabbi who was asked to sum up the entire bible while standing on one leg and he came up with, “Love God, love people, all the rest is commentary” which is true and which i really love.

i am also a huge fan of Jack Handey and so quotes such as:

“Of all my uncles I liked Uncle Cave Man the most. We called him Uncle Cave Man cos he lived in a cave and every now and then he would come out and eat one of us. Later we found out he was a bear.”

His random, funny, misdirective humour is my favourite and inspired me to write a bunch of Brett Andy quotes to try and emulate him and one of my favourites is:

‘I would imagine a horse drawn carriage would be a really ugly thing. For starters, it must be almost impossible to grip a pencil with hooves. Plus there is all that fine detail around the edges to consider.’ [Brett Andy]

So quotes that make me think or appreciate life or people more fully, and then those make me smile or laugh inwardly are ones i love.

Keep on, your blog is looking great
    love brett fish

12. keriv88 says:

Love these! Especially the Paulo Coelho one 🙂
    I have just started following your blog – love it thus far!
    Keep it up x