The 4 Guilty Pleasures We All Have

shh

We all have those things that we love but keep secret. These things are guilty pleasures, and although the idea of others knowing our love for these things makes us uncomfortable, we continue to indulge anyway. The most common guilty pleasures can be split into 4 different categories, which I will further discuss below.

TV Show

TV Shows are an easy way to find guilty pleasures, because not only do we view countless amounts of programs,but there are countless terrible, trashy programs that someone secretly loves. Reality shows are a huge guilty pleasure sector, which is where my personal guilty show comes from: Say Yes To The Dress. I was never the kind of girl who planned her wedding as a little girl. But for some reason, I enjoy watching SYTTD. I watch it enough to have a preference between original and Atlanta (original all the way). But if someone asks me what I like to watch, SYTTD will not be the first thing I say.

Movie

Movies are just like TV Shows in the guilty pleasure department. There are so many movies out there, and so many you feel guilty for loving. If it’s a movie you can only confidently watch alone, that’s your guilty pleasure. My guilty pleasure movie is pretty much just the genre Rom-Com, but He’s Just Not That Into You is a good example of this indulgence.

Music

Have you ever seen people listening to music in public and wondered what they are listening to? There’s a good chance it’s their guilty pleasure music. I’ve listened to full Broadway musicals in public and thought “I’m glad no one knows I’m listening to Sweeney Todd” (true story). Granted, I will openly admit my enjoyment of musicals, so it’s a bit of a stretch to call it a guilty pleasure, but sometimes I just don’t want others to know I’m rocking out to Defying Gravity or Cell Block Tango.

Food

Those weird foods you think are great or the odd food combinations others find disgusting but you enjoy are all guilty pleasure foods. I’m that person who eats frosting right out of the tub (just butter cream frosting though). It’s that thing you can only eat while watching your TV show or movie in the privacy of your own home.

What are some of your guilty pleasures?

1. Orly says:

I have seen SYTDD but my guilty pleausure is Gossip Girl!
    Great post!
    Xo
    orly
    coffeebeansandhighheels.weebly.com

2. I love the movie “He’s Just Not That Into You”!!! Ha ha.

3. Cheyenne says:

How about whipped cream out of the can? πŸ™‚

1. Yes!! I rarely have whipped cream so it’s a treat for me.

4. Shauna841505 says:

My reality show guilty pleasures are horrible!! 19 Kids and Counting, Dance Moms, Sister Wives, etc. But you know what, I enjoy them, so that’s all that matters! No shame here!

Eating peanut butter straight from the jar. Sometimes I do a spoonful of peanut butter and put some chocolate chips on top so it feels like a little dessert. So good! I also love rom-coms like He’s Just Not Into You. Also love to watch The Lake House when I’m by myself.

1. Chocolate chips and peanut butter is fantastic!

6. Broadway music ROCKS my socks too!!! =D Great post!

7. I have occasionally eaten cooking right of the container a spoonful here and there. I am a closet fan of Jane the virgin, a soap-ish show on CW. I don’t have a guilty pleasure for music, I am pretty open about the fact I listen to all types of music. I can’t think of a movie I like that I wouldn’t openly admit to liking…

8. Rebekah says:

Love SYTTD, and almost all TLC reality television.

9. Ha! So true. I have so many embarrassing guilty pleasure tv shows and movies. And I’m all about eating frosting out of the container πŸ˜‰

10. CurvyLou says:

Ritz crackers with pepperjack cheese and jalapeno jelly. Seriously lo-tone. They’re so bad, I won’t eat them unless I know no one will be home for *hours*.

11. ayuj28consul says:

Really great, couldn’t help but smile reading it πŸ˜›
    Though I’m sorta new to the world of TV Show watching, and (from India HIIII) So view the shows on my laptop, so I don’t get the oppurtunity to see Guilty Pleasure shows, though I’d say Transformers is my guilty pleasure series………
    I Still can’t understand why everyone hates it XD
    (Came over from Community Pool though, please visit my blog http://www.moviemphetamine.wordpress.com too πŸ˜€ )

1. Noirfifre says:

Transformers are the bomb, so weeks ago TNT played them back tk back. Bumblebee is my fav. :).

1. ayuj28consul says:

Transformers the cartoon was surely the bomb, and I thought the first 3 movies (the ones by Michael Bay, just to make sure we’re on the same page) were fun too…….. though the 4th one seriously was just CRAZAYY MINDLESS AND USELESS!

2. Noirfifre says:

The 4th one was off indeed, it looks like a movie that just fit in the transformers rather than have the transformers as the core of the story. I like the cartoon version as well, heck I like seeing vehicles transform into robots. Just so cool!

2. Thanks! I looked at your blog and the layout it super interesting. Some of the images are a little blurry because of sizing, so maybe you can try resizing images to make them less blurry. Overall really cool

1. ayuj28consul says:

Yea, I just can’t EVER get the images right, trying to work on that…..
        thanks for visiting though πŸ˜€

12. Abba and cheesy romcoms

13. Noirfifre says:

Movies, music and food are not guilty pleasures but necessities to keep the sanity alive :P. I am good with tv shows but I am Youtube obsessed, so I substitute these for vlogs. I am also crazy about Period drama and Asian movies with english subtitles especially kpop. :P. Let us not forget booooks :D.

1. Noirfifre says:

meant to say ” I am not good with tv shows.”

2. I spend waaaaay too much time on youtube

1. Noirfifre says:

Well, me too, its my tv, so its balance, I guess.